Strategy building events will be held throughout Northern Michigan during the month of May for the general public, local units of government, and other community stakeholders to learn about and discuss solutions to a variety of regional and community issues. Building Community Solutions: A Strategy Work Session will include information and opportunities to participate in the development of the Framework for Our Future: A Regional Prosperity Plan. The Framework for Our Future, along with other regional prosperity plans throughout the state, is being developed as resources that will provide information, tools, resources, and step-by-step action guides that communities, nonprofits, and other organizations throughout Northwest Michigan can choose to use as they work to meet local planning goals.
The Building Community Solutions events will include:
• Presentations on information and strategies proposed by community members to local and regional issues around housing, land use, transportation, arts & culture, recreation, and more
• Networking with community leaders, local and regional stakeholders, and the public
• In-depth afternoon discussions will be held in a Strategy Work Session from 2-5 p.m. to review data and strategies, and to develop and prioritize solutions
• An evening Open House from 6-7:30 p.m. will feature an overview of the results of the afternoon session, with opportunities to prioritize and discuss proposed strategies
Community leaders, stakeholders, and interested citizens from throughout Northwest Michigan are invited and encouraged to attend one or both of the day's events.
Building Community Solutions events are being held throughout the region:
• Wednesday, May 14: Pleasant Valley Community Center, Arcadia
• Thursday, May 15: Baker College, Cadillac
• Wednesday, May 28: NMC Hagerty Center, Traverse City
Click here for the Building Community Solutions Agenda. For more information or to RSVP, contact Elizabeth Calcutt at 231.929.5048.
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Back to News