Centers for Disease Control on How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering
Cloth Face Covering "Do's" to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control recommends that when you go out on essential trips, follow these “do’s" to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
- be secured with ties or ear loops.
- include multiple layers of fabric.
- allow for breathing without restriction.
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape.
The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders.
Should cloth face coverings be washed or otherwise cleaned regularly?
Yes. They should be routinely washed depending on the frequency of use.
How does one safely clean a cloth face covering?
A washing machine should suffice in properly washing a cloth face covering.
Centers for Disease Control | Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
Share on Facebook