Centers For Disease Control Takeout Recommendations
Picking up Takeout Food While Slowing the Spread of COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control recommends following the below steps to protect yourself from COVID-19 when picking up takeout food.
- Order and pay online or over the phone when possible.
- Accept takeout food without in-person contact or stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Ask for deliveries to be left in a safe spot outside your home (such as your front porch), with no person-to-person interaction.
- After receiving your delivery or bringing home your takeout food, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Important Centers for Disease Control Reminder
If you or a member of your household have signs of COVID-19:
- Call your doctor first instead of going to the office or the emergency department.
- Call 911 if you believe it is an emergency.
Centers for Disease Control | Running Essential Errands
Share on Facebook