Cognitive and Swallowing Screening on May 22 in Petoskey
Screening will be held on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 · 1 – 5 p.m at the John and Marnie Demmer Wellness Pavilion and Dialysis Center (820 Arlington Avenue, Petoskey, Michigan 49770)
Cognitive and swallowing disorders can take many forms and can limit academic achievement, social adjustment, and career advancement.
Possible swallowing issues:
- Coughing during or immediately after meals
- Watery eyes or runny nose during or immediately after meals
- Feeling of “food stuck in the throat”
- Pain during swallowing
- Extra effort or time needed to chew or swallow
- Food or liquid leaking from the mouth or getting stuck in the mouth
Possible cognition issues:
- Difficulty remembering
- Difficulty staying focused on a task
- Difficulty understanding jokes
- Difficulty managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Difficulty planning and completing necessary daily activities
- Limited awareness of extent of difficulties
- Limited problem solving and judgment
Free of charge. Preregistration required.
Call Today. 800.248.6777. No walk-ins.
Share on Facebook