Local Interpreter Services Network (LIS’N)
Local Interpreter Services Network is provided through a partnership between Grand Traverse Industries, Michigan Rehabilitation Services and Disability Network.
- Certified sign language interpreter services.
- Advocacy for our Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deaf-Blind communities.
- Information assistance for independent living resources and community supports.
- The Local Interpreter Services Network program works closely with community partners to ensure effective workplace communications.
- Community access presentations in fields such as medical, mental health, legal and educational interpreting.
Online resources for our Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deaf-Blind communities.
- State of Michigan COVID-19 Updates | American Sign Language Video Updates
- Michigan Department of Civil Rights | American Sign Language Video Updates
- Centers for Disease Control | American Sign Language Video Updates
- Resources for Providers | Northwest ADA Center | Effective Communication for Greater Accessibility
- Resources for Providers | Northwest ADA Center | Deaf and Hard of Hearing Communication Access COVID-19 Resources
- Resources for Providers | Michigan Department of Civil Rights | Division of Deaf | Deaf-Blind | Hard of Hearing
The Local Interpreter Services Network program regularly serves a 20 county area in northern Michigan, but is not limited to this area and reaches as far as the upper peninsula of Michigan.
We Care About You, Let's Connect
Thomas Hoxsie, Deaf Services Coordinator
Office/Scheduling 231 932 2418
Cell/Text 231 342 0098
Voice/Video Phone 231 252 0521
Wendy Williams, Interpreting Services Scheduler
Voice/Video Phone 231 338 6833