Our Vision & Our Mission
- A person is not identified as having a disability but is seen as a person.
- Employers seek qualified employees, regardless of disability, and provide reasonable accommodations.
- Workplaces and public spaces, as well as programs and services, are accessible. Transportation is readily available.
- Government agencies provide willing assistance and supports.
- Mentoring and self-advocacy training are readily available.
- We change how we build homes so that all are accessible and accessible, affordable homes are available near jobs or on a transit route.
To promote personal empowerment and positive social change for persons with disabilities.
Our Core Beliefs
- Disabilities are a natural part of life. Anyone can acquire a disability at any time.
- Many of the difficulties faced by people with disabilities are a result of attitudes and environments, not the disability.
- Disabilities positively affect and enhance the diversity of our community.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to participate, contribute, and belong to our community.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to express his or her strengths, gifts, and talents.